Pennsylvania Member of Congress Tracking Report (MoCTrack)
Happy new year and welcome to the final Pennsylvania Member of Congress Tracking Report of the 116th Congress, for the week ending January 3, 2021. We’re doing things a bit differently this week as we close out this 116th Congress. We do still have the votes you expect, but we also look at the legislative output of our lawmakers as we end this session of congress.
The 116th Congress – by the numbers
Numbers aren’t everything, but they do give us an idea of what our lawmakers have been up to these past two years. We look at the 16,000+ bills introduced in this session of Congress and dig into the statistics on our Pennsylvania lawmakers.
- How many bills did each member introduce as a primary sponsor
- How many bills each member joined onto as an original cosponsor
- How many bills each lawmaker cosponsors
- How many bills each lawmaker got enacted
Most of these items were from the beginning of the week and covered in great detail by media outlets.
- We have details on the final version of the 2021 spending package and COVID relief that President Trump signed into law just after we dropped last week’s report. We found a good source for the funding levels and changes from the 2020 budget, and included a one-page recap of that info in this week’s report.
- Both Houses of Congress voted to override President Trump’s veto of the 2021 Defense spending package.
- The clean $2,000 COVID Relief payment bill passed the House but Senate Majority Leader McConnell refused to let it be brought to the floor unless it was weighed down with unwanted, unacceptable amendments. But did you know that Senator Toomey was a key part of the process of refusing the bill unanimous consent and gave a revealing speech?
- Late Sunday afternoon Nancy Pelosi won the first vote of the 117th Congress to continue her tenure as Speaker of the House. One PA MoC broke ranks and voted for a lawmaker other than the two party leaders.
CALL To ACTION
It is your last chance to help out in the Georgia Senate elections! Indivisible is hosting a telethon with Alyssa Milano on Monday night! Learn more here.
Keep track of what our Members of Congress are doing, because THEY WORK FOR YOU!
Want to check out our 2019, the legislative year in review report? It's right here, with details for all 20 of Pennsylvania's MoCs.
Familiarize yourself with PA-01 Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick's TEN Worst Votes
This is where we will keep our archive of older, previous weeks' MoCTrack Reports from the 116th Congress.